Here’s what could happen if you leave your Bruxism untreated
- Extreme wear down of teeth
- Severe sensitivity to hot and cold
- Increased risk of tooth chipping or cracking
- Inflammation and soreness of jaw muscles
- Constant and severe facial and jaw pain
You will know if you grind your teeth at night if you have a constant headache or dull pain near the ear region. Your teeth will show obvious signs of wear and temperature sensitivity. You may also have clicking or popping of your jaw joint.
Excessive teeth grinding or jaw clenching puts a strain on the jaw muscles and the jaw joint, located in the temple and ear region. This constant strain on the jaw muscles can result in a TMJ disorder; in which you might experience severe facial pain, jaw pain and ear pain.